November 18, 2009

The Roller-coaster of My Life

Maybe I am too old to want to go to ride the readily available array of roller-coasters at my disposal here in the heart of Florida but my own life has been and continues to be an interesting ride of twists, turns, ups and downs of life experiences.

After reaching the bottom of an exciting down hill ride or my summer travels I reached what seemed a never ending ride of depression. 

Scratching and crawling my way to hook onto the upward climb I began busying myself with online declutter and organizational classes to refresh and renew my home environment.  Chug, chug, chugging to the top I felt as if the walls of my domain were closing in on me.  Never ending projects of purging and cleaning.  Organizing, painting and planning my new "Scrap Studio".  Void of contents currently stored in plastic bins I find myself waiting for the long promised wood flooring to go into place.


Picture of Texas Trio
My dear spouse had yet another, well deserved, trip to Auburn, AL then over to Athens, GA for a big rival match of football between the Tigers vs. the Bulldogs.  Facing a long stretch of football widowhood and out of town work for my spouse I got on this trusty pink dell and shopped for prices to fly to Houston to see my TX Trio buddies!  I spent several hours talking to Kris about the possibilities including driving.  After I got my "ducks in a row" I called my dear husband to get his approval and was denied permission to drive.

Being the wonderful, giving person that he is he allotted me money to fly.  I did find a flight but my gut instinct (as a Christian I know this to be the Holy Spirit) told me not to do it.

I decided to shop online Thursday night for cubbies and shelves for my new scrap room and then drive to IKEA in Orlando to get them on Friday, only to receive a tearful call from my daughter (also an RN) who had but 3 hours sleep Wednesday night due to the admission of her long term boyfriend to the hospital.  Max had spit up blood and wanted to go to the ER.  He was put immediately (that's 4-5 hours in hospital time) into isolation for respiratory infection, scheduled for a bronchoscopy Friday.  My daughter was needin' a little mommy lovin' by this point.



Picture of Max and Erin
To make matters more complex she was committed to being a bride's maid for a co-worker and needed to attend rehearsal and dinner Friday night.  Max did not want to be alone when he came out of anesthesia from his procedure either.  So, having done my laundry that day I was ready to hit the road in an hour after packing, arranging, pet care, hitting the ATM and running the car through the car wash so that I could see through the windshield.

Saturday morning I dropped Erin off at a Park Avenue Salon to meet with the ladies of the wedding party and have her hair done and then travel via limousine to the church and onto the reception which was held at the Orlando International Airport at the Hilton.  Now this was a long haul from where I had gone back to Erin's apartment to do what mother's do and clean...

Meanwhile, Colin and Kristy, my son and daughter-in-law were hot to travel up to Orlando to see Max.  I then assigned Colin to pick Erin up at the airport and bring her home.  I then continued in my motherly role and waited to have my three children to myself for a moment or two only to have them arrive at 2:00 AM Sunday morning.



Colin and Kristy


While on the way home from Alabama, the football warriors had a break down in their vehicle north of Atlanta placing their ETA late Sunday night or early Monday morning!

Done playing mother for the time, I dashed over to Ponce for a little mother lovin' of my own, spent the night Sunday and watched Atlantis being launched into space from the white sandy beach.

Atlantis November 16, 2009

As soon as she launched, I launched my ready and waiting car, clothes washed that morning and repacked, to head over to Lake County and stay with our friends Linda and Jim at their hideaway in the woods.  There I would meet up with my husband and together we would go to the hospital for him to have eye surgery Tuesday morning.

Linda and Jim's Humble Abode

Linda, Todd and Jim
Earlier on this year when Todd had his first eye surgery we were delighted that we were able to hand pick Linda to be the RN on Todd's case as she had been interning at the hospital where I was coordinating Ophthalmic surgery in about 1990 when we first met.  We grew to be great friends as we both got the hell out of the "big house" in the big city and headed to a suburb to practice nursing in an outpatient setting for about ten years.  Although the following pictures of them were from the first surgery, it's like you've seen one, you've seen them all scenario...


Left Linda at work...Right Todd about to go under the knife...


Having forgotten his dress clothes for work Today he headed back south to our home to retrieve them and carry on to his "out of town" duties on the west coast.  I in-turn, stayed another night for one more evening of girl time.

This morning I headed back to Ponce to reconnect with cyberspace and share my story while sitting and watching the sunset reflect shades of pink, blue, and orange over the Atlantic...Yes, I know the sun sets in the west which I can see over the Inter-coastal waterway as well...life is good.


I'll be heading home this weekend to prepare for Thanksgiving and spend time Monday and Tuesday with this little monkey...
Savannah's first Camping Trip...



No comments: