November 11, 2007

Buyers Remorse!

Those Shoes Yesterday I went to The Circle with my friend Sharon to enjoy the wonderful sunshine, cool temperatures, and see what there was to see! With upcoming trips planned to places that require more than crocs or flip flops I've been keeping my eyes open for some boots that I could wear in cold weather and snow.

Boy did I hit on the perfect pair of snow boots, right here in Sunny Florida. They're awsomly ecclectic and oh so me! I was fearful that if I didn't snatch them up I would be soooooo sorry! I can't believe how much I paid for those shoes and it has been giving me a grabber every time I think of them hidden in the trunk of my car and the receipt hidden in the refills for my ATG gun!

I want to keep them so badly but fear that I shall be taken out and shot should DH find out how much I spent on those boots! Perhaps I should be! I rationalized that a tank of gas to go to Orlando and spend an entire day shopping for snow boots would be about $50.00 and I would end up spending at least $100.00 bucks for the boots.

I've been watching The View from time to time and Whoopi Goldberg is always showing the coolest shoes that she buys. I told the shoemaker that he should send Whoopi a pair so that she would promote his business on The View to which he replied, "Whoopi has three pair and Jack Nicholson has seven pair!" Woah, now I am really sweating it as I am no where near them in income and what the heck am I doing with this pricey pair of shoes!

Today is Sunday and Tomorrow is Vetern's Day. This will give me a little more time to digest my dilema. I know exactly what certain friends would tell me to do, each would be different so I could just pick the person to ask for advice who would tell me to keep the shoes.

Maybe tomorrow when it is safe to pull them from the darkness of my trunk and photograph them I will post a picture, but then again, maybe not!

For now I shall sneak out to the car and hide them somewhere else while DH is mowing the lawn because I know he's gonna look in the trunk today, no doubt. I'll hide them in my scrap tote! He never looks in there!

What would you do?

3 comments:

GeeGee said...

KEEP 'EM!!! You only live once and they sound like they are TOTALLY AWESOME. Besides, consider it "merry xmas" to you!!! The gift you want and nobody would think to buy you. Besides, you the fact that you "need them".

Without even seeing them, I am telling you right now that "when I come to FL, you better have them in your closet" OR... I will shoot you! Thats a PROMISE!!!

If you hadn't bought them, you would be kicking yourself in the ASS for NOT buying THEM!!! As you stated, they are "awsomly ecclectic and oh so me!" Besides, not everyone can say they have shoes just like Whoopi... and now I can say my friend does!!!

DON'T MAKE ME A LIAR!!!

luv ya,
NBF... T from KC

Bev said...

those are some shoes!!! The prices are pretty amazing too! I can understand why it would give you agrabber!! Don;t tell Lynn!! LOL

Denise Hallett said...

Sweetie, how much DID you spend? It couldn't be THAT bad, right? $150.00 for a good pair of boots is not really alot, but I guess you have to consider just how much you will use them.

See, I can make both sides of the argument :)