December 12, 2008

My Creation is DONE!!!

Just now I finished pre-wiring all the lights, wrapped the ribbons and garland to the small wreath and wired the it to the large one and took it outside to finish. Woman, I have forgotten how stinkin' hot those glue guns get!!! I don't think I burned myself but am peeling wax off my index fingers. Once on the screw in the outside wall (oh yeah, I made my own wire hanger) I wired the jingle bells to the bottom wreath. I had to stand on a step stool to reach the top and proceeded to attach the ribbon wrapped Christmas balls, bows, and loose ends. Todd was a good sport about being my right hand man handing me glue stick refills and fetching wire. Then he counted the flowers, 18 in all, and handed them to me one by one as I placed them on the wreath and glued them down with the hot glue (which came first, the glue or the flower?). We spotted out the "holes" and filled them in. The wreath turned out just as I had planned in my head. I've been working on this in my head for weeks!!


Now, would the Little Drummer Boy please step forward and give me a drum roll.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful Jan! So glad it turned out exactly as you wanted.

Jodi said...

That is really pretty. You are so creative, Jan.