December 20, 2008

Scraper's Poem

'Twas the night before Christmas,
I'm glued to the tree.
I'm wondering what Santa brought just for me.
Could it be card stock or chipboard or lace?
Or a Cricut, I said, with a smile on my face.

And that's when I heard him,
"Hi Santa, " I said

"You know....good little girls Should be in their beds."

"I know I should Santa, And now I've got caught.
But I was just so excited
To see what you brought."

"Well, let's take a look In this room where you work.
He shook his head quickly,
And left with a jerk.

I heard him exclaim As he put it in gear.
"You've got enough crap, I'll see you next year!"

I replied:

Dear Santa,
I wrote, it's not "scrap crap" I need,
It's recognition from those I strive to please

Oh help me Santa, help me let them see
Help me let them know what therapy I need!

There's always new toys and techniques I crave,
I want them to know it is memories I save!

Help them to know it's my art!
Teach them to know that it comes from my heart.

I know I have Bazzil out the wazoo!
I'll use it, I promise...
Would I lie to you?

Patterned paper delights me,
Like a song without words.
Oh Santa please tell me these words you have heard.

The brads, eyelets and ribbons delight
Journaling is my favorite, it's no problem, no fright!

I scrap for myself, 'tis honest and true.
Surely if anyone understands it is you.

Someone in the future will surely find insight
In the layouts I create all day and all night!

Oh Santa, it's okay if no new things you leave
I've got enablers galore who are sure to please!

So, Santa forgive me for needing an entire room
I'll finish my projects before too soon!

I'm just a little girl who has grown older with age,
But each time I complete another full page,
I feel so delighted, fulfilled and complete.
Oh Santa, don't let my dear husband give me more heat!

Dear Santa please help those who don't understand,
If they made a scrappin' wish I'd be at their command!

There's chronological, circle journals, and all kinds of swaps
My kit clubs and items I bought with some thought.

I need them, I want them, they may not be there,
Next time I visit the scrap store beware!

I promise, Dear Santa to be true to my craft.
My productions next year will be a blast!

Maybe next year you'll understand my plea,
But for now, dear Santa, it's all about ME!


1 comment:

kris said...

ok, that is the cutest video!! What a treasure! Thanks for sharing!