December 11, 2008

My Front Entry Wreath!!!

Ha, we'll see if Kelly makes it over here with her "sign train"! Anyway...this year I got it in my head that I wanted a wreath with fake red amaryllis on it. I wanted a grapevine wreath rather than a pine wreath in case I wanted to change the bow and transition it into a January wreath.

My home has a fully glass front door with glass side lights and a glass window above that in the entry. Lots of light in my home as it's mostly sunny here and light is so good for my state of mind.

Anyway, I finally found a small wreath at Target covered with the red amaryllis but not nearly large enough for my large entry way $20.00 in Daytona compared to $35.00 in Haines City, go figure!....Found an old grapevine wreath in my garage. Bought some wired ribbon at Mike's last night and proceeded to construct the bow. Got on a roll and wired the garland of red beads with various buttons to the large wreath. Placed the bow. Wired the ribbon covered matching balls and the jute covered ring with three jingle bells to the bottom. Proceeded to pull the flowers off of the tiny wreath and ended up with about 20 huge flowers!!!. When all the flowers were off of the tiny wreath it revealed a tightly tied grass wreath/straw/whatever. Very pretty...I proceeded to remove the hanging jingle bells and wired the little wreath to the large wreath and the ring with the jingle bells to the bottom of that. I placed the flowers flowing from left to right from about 9 o'clock down to 6 o'clock and spilling onto the little wreath. It was midnight at this point and I promised my husband no more late nights for me as it rakes havoc on my mental health. So, today I shall seek out my little glue gun and hope for some remaining glue sticks that fit and adhere the flowers to the wreath. It will be hung on the wall to the left of the door outside in the entry way. You'll get your picture later (Kelly)!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Can't wait to see pictures Jan! It sounds beautiful.