December 27, 2008

Counting Down to the New Year!

The year certainly has gone by quickly. Last New Years Day I was caught in the airport of hours trying to fly home from a New Years Eve Crop. By the time I got back to Orlando from Chicago it was 4:00 AM. If it had gone on schedule I would have been home for dinner! We had a wonderful New Year's Crop at the home of one of the SJ Gals. We all cane from all over, I probably came the farthest but I live in B Florida E!

February was uneventful except for daily life, which I am thankful for. I had a huge sebaceous cyst removed from my back in the office of one of the local surgeons, big mistake, why skimp on xylocaine, it's cheap stuff!!!



Flat Stanley came for a short visit which turns out to be a permanent resident here in our home as he hid from me and I didn't get to send him home to Chicago....yet!

March came and some good friends flew Air Barney down to the local airport (which isn't much) and stayed for about a week! We had great fun including trips to the local groves, winery,
EPCOT.

Of course Lynn and I had to hit the shopping in Tampa for Rubin Rouge!


Nikki came along and behaved famously! What a good dog! We were sad to see our friends fly away at the end of Spring Break but we knew we would get together once again someday soon!


Then Easter came with the obligatory egg hunt!

April brought a plethora of duties and emotions. We gained a Dear New Daughter in Law and a Precious Granddaughter. Colin married the love of his life!



May took us camping in the Keys, we liked to burned up! We did have a good time but I was ready to come home!


In June I turned right around to meet Bev in Palm Beach and take her to The Florida Keys! We made it to 0 mile marker!



The following week I boarded a plane for Colorado. Little did I know that I would be at the Southernmost point of Florida one Friday and at the top of Pike's Peak the following!


July was uneventful except for a little scare that put me in the hospital for 3 days. All is well now.

To my surprise my daughter invited me to join her in her first ever "self-paid" vacation. We enjoyed a trip out of Miami for 3 days on The Majesty of the Seas!

September brought devistation to my dear friend Kris and her family as Hurricane Ike struck and demolished their town home. As I write I am happy to say that God has truly blessed them and they are now in a new home, yet settlement with insurance, etc. is ongoing.

September late I spent time with my local friend Karen. We enjoyed helping a fellow LSS owner put on her crop for a fundraiser for Breast Cancer. It was a two day crop and Karen and I spent another two days relaxing and shopping!






October holds The Main Event Cracker Crop

November also gave me the opportunity to meet an online friend!
Now this girl's got a big ole camera!!!




Thanksgiving was held at our home


December 5 I met up with Jodi, Bri, and Tim!



My cousin got married on December 7!



I grieved my father's death December 8, from there things moved on and we made it through Christmas. Company party's at the house, breakfast for dinner at out house, Shepherd's Pie for Christmas Eve and the whole nine yards at DS and DDIL's new home!


No wonder I'm so tired!!! It's been a full year!!! I intend to start 2009 with another trip to the cold~~~~See you there!!!

5 comments:

Musicmom-Amy said...

What a blessed year!

kris said...

great year in review, I enjoyed it, you sure were a busy bee!
kris

Dana said...

Great job on the year in Review! What a fun time!

Lisa said...

Whew! I'm tired just reading it! I'm glad you had such a fun-filled, blessed year. Thanks for being my friend!

Marelle said...

WOw Jan, what a year
Happy 2009 to you and yours
hugs
Marelle (downunder)