July 11, 2008

New Brides

A couple of days ago I met with DD's friend Ann! After a family discussion of "when and where" to hold the wedding Ann's mom won out to hold the wedding and reception on their new property. They've got a lot of landscaping to do and need time! Ann's mother also upped the ante to $30,000.00 thus the date has been pushed to April 2010.

On the up side, you can't deny the idealism and zeal a new bride has! Ann wants everything, save the date, invitations, RSVP cards, place cards, favors, and a scrapbook. This girl knows how to scrapbook and states, "I don't have time!"

I think that I will charge her a design fee and sit on this until the time gets a little closer. Ann chose her colors and envelopes so I need to do some "mock up's" for her and contemplate the fee. As per her request I will break it out into items @ 100 each. Seems reasonable to me! After all, what's to keep her from scraplifting my designs and making her own after she sees my prices, which will be reasonable.

I need to see how much detail she wants them to have and factor in the supplies and my time.

Geeze, this is so far off in the future I'm hoping to get some other jobs before then. Even more than that I hope that Ann's date doesn't clash with my DD's wedding date (once she gets the ring).

2 comments:

kris said...

Wow, 2010, that sounds so far away! But it's not....sigh.

Love your new header! Very cute! If I had cute piggies, I'd show mine too! ;)

XOXO,
k

Cassie said...

Good luck with the wedding designing....sounds like an awesome opportunity.