November 5, 2008

Election Day Has Passed

I woke up at 6:00 and turned the TV on to see the results of the election. Then I turned it off.

Now, being the good Calvinist that I claim to be I must accept that it is all God's will and plan that our president elect was preordained (predestined) by the God of the Universe. This is not what I would have chosen and frankly, I'm quite unhappy and frightened! I'm even fearful of turning the TV back on as I do not wish to hear all the commentary on the election. For now I want to sit in the quiet of my home, maybe read another chapter in "The Shack".

God's timing is perfect, maybe that's why my friend Lisa's mention of this book came so close to the election. I fear for our country's future, I remind myself of the system of checks and balances with the Congress, Senate, and Court System, and yes, the president.

Psychologically this puts me in the denial phase re: the president elect. Yet, here I sit writing, exercising my free speech.

This is the land of the free and the home of the brave, so I'll put on my brave armor of God and trust Him as He is in control. I'm so glad that I voted as I would kick myself if I had not! Everyone in my immediate family voted, even my children. For that I am proud!

1 comment:

kris said...

sounds like me this am.... we talked about moving to Australia...LOL! Oh well, you're right.. it's all in God's hands!
Miss you much and will chat as soon as I getmy box hooked up!!
xoxo kris