November 20, 2008

'Tis the Season

Thanksgiving dinner was the last meal my father ate before he died December 8, 2004. I was chatting with Kris on IM last night and told her how lonely I had been that day! I wanted to call one of you but I don't want to call at a bad time or bug people. Yes, the pain is still there but I have, I think, finally learned to live my life. I'm finding my way in the community that I hated to move to. I've stopped complaining about "I DON'T WANT TO BE A NURSE" as DH has finally relented and accepted the fact that I'm not gonna do it! The psychologist told me last week that it had been several sessions since I had even mentioned nursing...she said that was progress. I've got one life and I don't want to spend any more of it in a hospital. I have a dream job in mind but don't know if it will ever come to pass. It's in God's hands. If you notice in my picture with Cassie I am wearing my necklace of a teardrop filled with some of my father's ashes. I wear it around his death and birthdays. Wow do I miss that man, he was my cheerleader, he'd say "go for your dream job Jan!" Now I live with two practical people in my life, both bean counters in a sense, my husband and my mother. What happened to the fun?

Scrapbooking and papercrafts, along with the friends I have made with this common interest have made my life so happy! I'm so thankful for this craft, heck let's just go ahead and call it an art!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Stopping by from SITS, I enjoyed your post! GO FOR IT!!!! Life's to short to spend it in a job you don't love.
-Mandy
www.gourmetmomonthego.blogspot.com

FROGGITY! said...

hi! here from SITS. great post! i agree with mandy above: go for it! :) cheers!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I feel your pain, I really do. I lost my dad just a few short months ago and the pain is still very real. There's rarely a day that goes by without tears and it breaks my heart to see my mom alone. They were a two-fer.

PS. You're into scrapbooking? I LOVE it! I'm not creative but I sure can follow a magazine layout. :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Hope to see you more!

Valerie said...

Jan what knuckle heads we are. I was thinking the whole time don't forget the "Dear So So" and then I go and forget it. lol

I am sorry about your loss. I hope with time the pain is bearable. I lost my brother 20 years ago and some days it seems like yesterday.

I haven't been thinking about changing jobs but I have been wanting to get into graphic design. I can't seem to find a background I really love so I thought I could make one. lol Let's see how that turns out.

I hope you have a great weekend. I'll be visiting your blog again.

Unknown said...

Hi - am here from SITS - I agree with the other posts, follow your heart!!

MaricrisG said...

Let it be known that you are not alone. I still miss my father and still feel the pain of loss. The pain will go away but the loss never ceases. I hope the holidays are good to us all :) - stopping by from SITS