November 23, 2008

Highly Productive!

Where this energy has come from is any one's guess! I think it's due to the stimulation and competition for the design team. In between doing voluminous amounts of paper crafting I'm getting laundry done, cooking meals, and preparing for the Holidays!




As I've said in the past, I don't do fall, we just don't have that seasonal look that comes across the majority of the United States. I did realize this season that our ocean has a definite seasonal effect as the air cools off and the waves sometimes "white cap". The most notable is the sea weed that dies and washes ashore. It's much different than kelp. I'll save looking up what it actually is for another day! Here's a picture of our shoreline during the fall.

Although this picture is "staged" these are items found along the shore in October at Cracker Crop. The poor little sea turtle didn't make it to the ocean.

Now that I am back home from the coast I find myself actually looking forward to Christmas. I got my husband to put up the tree today so that I can fluff it up this week. It would be so much fun if we could all sit around and make paper crafted ornaments for the tree, as I have loads of Basic Gray Christmas Paper and all kinds of empty glass ornaments and styrofoam balls at the ready to be decorated. I've found directions on making paper stars as well as other demensional ornaments out of paper. It could happen but I'm not holding my breath! I'm sure I'll slip in a few ornament projects in between the other Christmas gift projects I have in mind as well as my projects for
ShortCuts. I've really enjoyed creating these assignments and of course I hope I am chosen for the new design team. Well, the washer just buzzed and it's time to move the clothes to the dryer.

Just wanted to say hello and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving if I don't get back to blogging this week!


1 comment:

Vickie said...

Hi, visiting from SITS. I love scrapbooking and card making as well. I just started putting my pages up on my blog. So some are boring. Its not like the pros, but people seem to like some of the pages.

My father also passed away around Thanksgiving. It is a hard time and I don't think it will ever pass. I also did a post a few days ago about my Dad. I am sorry for your loss, hope you have good days and I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving:)