November 17, 2008

Getting Ready For The Holidays

This time of year my thoughts begin to think toward the direction of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Most times I dread all the work that it entails and try to put it out of my mind. This year has been different!



Following Cracker Crop (mid October) I found myself with a Scrapin' and Stampin' Studio that looked as if a bomb had gone off! I'll tell you it was enough to make a grown woman cry!



Since moving furniture, for carpet cleaning, was first on the list I quickly unloaded two china cabinets and two glass top tables. Knowing my men they would have tried to move the cabinets and tables contents and all! As every woman knows, one thing leads to another so began the dish washing baseboard cleaning and cob web dusting!



Happily, I report that the reorganized furniture is to my liking and I don't have to ask for something else to be moved.



My son (22 y/o) began to ask why I wanted to switch the two tables and two cabinets, why did I want to change the furniture, on and on. His father stopped him by saying, "We don't ask why, we just DO IT!" 17 years later my husband has at least learned one thing!



Looks like all the holidays will be coordinated and held at the home of my husband and myself! He is a great help in the kitchen both in the cooking and cleaning up departments!



Last summer I decided to design and make my Christmas cards way ahead of time! "Well, the best laid plans of mice and men...". I think that I can get an assembly line type "build a card" and get my cards done. My favorite is to mail them the day after Thanksgiving! It seems that the only cards some folks are sending out are to people who have sent them cards....



Off track here so back to my achievement! I have spent hours, literally organizing and hooking up electronics for my Scrap Studio! I'm so tired of being in my left brain it hurts! I'm going to jump in and create this afternoon!



Here are the pictures proving I've done a pretty swell job at getting my things organized!

Photobucket

This is the view of my closet. Yes, the doors will close!

Photobucket

Given to me by a friend who owns a retail shop, this K&Company display case is awesome for holding lots of little goodies and has 12 slated slots at the bottom to hold projects and/or matching collections.

Photobucket

I'm a freak about saving anything that I think might be cute altered. These items are stored on this shelf. I've got everything from wood cigar boxes to tin dishwasher detergent boxes!

Photobucket

Finally my work area complete with holders designed to hold baby food jars and a Pampered Chef organizer that I use of pens and tools! All of my Stampin' UP Inks are at finger tips.

When I want to go online all I have to do is twirl around in my chair and log onto my laptop print pictures or program my Cricut!

I'm ready to rock and roll!



3 comments:

Musicmom-Amy said...

Fun!!! Nice job!

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

Don't mind me, I'm just sitting here DROOLING over your awesome scrap room pics! Thanks for visitng my blog!

Nelly said...

What a wonderful room! I'm lucky to have a dedicated room, but its getting smaller and smaller. I also use the Pampered Chef organizer and had markers in it, but they all dried out. Don't know if it was my particular markers or not, but I later read somewhere that most of these markers should be stored flat and not upright. Just thought I'd let you know. Have fun creating in your nice room.