September 17, 2008

Auction Site Up and Running!

Yesterday was an overwhelming day for me as I wanted to do all I could as quickly as possible to get the Auction site for the Stratos family up and running! Gleaning pictures of my personal scrapjammies kits, then posting each item with a number for auction. Other's are slowly finding out about this site! Offers of donations for auction are coming in. Suzanne, and Jodi were not affected too badly, though they are busy clearing debris and clearing tree limbs all without air conditioning! They're running generators to keep their freezers going. Jodi said due to the lack of gasoline they're only running their generator two hours at a time. I know, having been through 3 hurricanes in 2004 Charlie, Frances, and Jeannne, one every two weeks, that living without air conditioning, waiting in ice lines, and trying to sleep while fighting mosquitos isn't a fun camping trip at home. Not my idea of a Staycation!

I've put my efforts for the design team at Reminisce on the back burner but still hope to complete some more projects to show before the call ends September 30.

As of now, the tropics are quiet! Let's pray they stay that way as hurricane season doesn't end until November 1st!

Many people across this nation have experienced flooding, power outage, and tornado's. I wish I could help them all.

Kris and Nick, along with their son Trey are near and dear to my heart! Kris and our little group try to get together at least once a year. This year we chose Manitou Springs, CO! It was a wonderful happy time. I'm sure that we will have more in the future!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Tracy P. said...

Wow Jan--I was just coming by to say thanks for stopping by on my SITS day last week--but I had no idea this was going on! Kris stopped by that same day, and now everything has changed. Thanks for caring and doing something about it. I'll go by and offer my prayers right now.