September 6, 2008

SITS Recipe!

E. Taste test by wrapping 1-3 pieces first.1. Cut the lumpia into 3 pieces.2. Fry and taste. (You can deep fry but I usually just shallow fry.)3. Adjust mixture, if necessary.4. Proceed to wrap the rest of the meat mixture.F. Fry the lumpia. Remember, for every 1 lumpia, you can cut them into 3 pieces. Typically, if eaten with rice and the sweet and sour sauce, I can eat 10 pieces.G. Freeze the raw lumpia. You can then just thaw, cut and fry later.1. Store the lumpia in separate freezer bags so that you can use just what you need at a time.2. You can thaw the raw lumpia before frying. Or you can dunk it in straight (but be careful of oil splatters!)3. Cut the raw lumpia into 3 or your desired size.That's it! Have fun making the lumpia.For me, I usually eat the lumpia with rice, cucumber and the sweet and sour sauce. Yummy!!!I would love to know how yours went, so let me know!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am confused? The SITS button you have up is not for the recipe site, yet you've posted a recipe?

Did you mean to post about the Cricut giveaway?

Cracker Scraps said...

If you go to the SITS website via my side bar link you will be taken to the thread about the Cricut give away!

Being from the South I posted this recipe which combines grits in the making of lumpia or Phillipino egg rolls! HTH!