September 14, 2008

Kris is OK!

Kris wrote" We r alive but its bad bad bad got water in bottom floor 18 inches b4 Nick had to get out. Just pray it stopped there no power Just pray will b in touchc, Kris! via text message.

Last night I got a phone call from Kris, we lost signal but she said that her downstairs is flooded 18". She hopes her new stove is okay as she thinks that the working parts were not affected! She sounded calm, stating that Trey had slept through most of the night in his "safe place"! I think that Kris is still in shock or denial on the damage clean up that she faces! She's thankful that she and hers are safe! Stated that Nick was awakened by their dog Merry about 3:00 AM as he had fallen asleep on the sofa! When he stood up the water was "knee deep". Nick took Merry and stayed on the phone with Kris while driving to Kris's parents home where they are staying! Kris said that she had to help him know where to turn as the wind and water were so bad! Nick got to the parent's home safely! I guess Kris and Nick went back to their home! She doesn't know yet but thinks their town home will be condemned! Her upstairs where her albums and scrapbook supplies along with the electronics were stored are okay! I told her I just want to know what she needs NOW and in the future! She just didn't have any answers! I'm still praying for all of our Houston friends as they finish riding out the wind and rain! It looks like Suzanne near the AK boarder in LA is getting hammered now! Jodi's phone just didn't go through, no message to leave, just a busy signal after about 20 rings! Will update as I find more about what's going on with the Texas Trio! No word about Chrissie or Wendy! I expect they are evacuated and out of touch. I do not know their phone numbers! It will be a long haul to restore Houston to normalcy!

1 comment:

Lyn said...

I'm so glad you had a chance to talk to her Jan. Still praying for them and hoping things won't be as bad as she's thinking.